I Have a Dream

2:41 PM


This is a written account of Martin Luther King, Jr.'s famous "I have a dream" speech. It begins with "I say to you today, my friends, that even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream." It ends with "Free at last! Free at last! Thank God Almighty, we are free at last!" Each page is filled with bright, colorful pictures to illustrate his message.

Opinion/Critique 
I love the beautiful pictures in this book. They are so vivid and so impactful. They definitely express Martin Luther King, Jr.'s speech and his message. The colors are also so beautiful and eye-capturing. I've known about his speech before but I've never really learned it through pictures. 
Classroom application 
This book can be used to teach about Martin Luther King, Jr. and segregation. It can be such an impactful book that accompanies a history lesson on segregation and equality. I think students will be more interested in MLK's speech because they'll see how impactful the pictures are.
King, M. L. (2012). I have a dream. New York: Schwartz & Wade Books.
Genre: Historical Non-Fiction, Picture
Published in: 2012
Age group: 2-4
If interested ➵ Amazon: I Have a Dream

You Might Also Like

0 comments